Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls

Thursday, September 3, 2009

We are getting tubes!

Telling me all about it!


Ella has been one fussy baby the past few days. I really thought it was just exhaustion after being at daycare all day. Yesterday Cam picked her up from daycare because I was getting a haircut and he called and said she had a fever of 102. We gave her some tylenol and she went to bed. Well this morning when she got up it was 103.5. Not good...I called the Dr. and we went to see Dr. McDonough. She is so amazing by the way....if you need a Pediatrician in Mobile! She walked in and I immediately teared up. This is our 6th trip in 3 weeks. I told her what was going on and she said it was probably the flu....then I really teared up. I told her I felt like it might be her ears with her being so grumpy and all....well I was right! Her right ear was very infected! She said it was time for tubes! I really wanted to hear that because this is her 5th ear infection in a few months. She just stopped taking antibiotics this past weekend. I had also noticed that Ella has stopped talking. She still babbles but no words anymore. Dr. M said that is from these infections. She assured me that she will catch up once we get it all sorted out! We have an appointment with the ENT on Wednesday. I have heard nothing but good things about tubes. I am ready for her to get some relief and be our sweet happy girl once again. We also are changing daycares after Labor Day. We have had issues with her daycare from the beginning and thank goodness a spot at a GREAT daycare opened up and she will start there Tuesday. I love it! It's one of those places you walk in and just feel happy and good about what is going on there! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment