I have not been very good about taking pictures lately...I take a lot with my phone but of course they aren't the best quality...We had such a fun weekend with Jeje, Pops, and Sassy....Here are just a few pictures that I did take!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
So after 7 years, Cameron finally pulled one over on me! He threw me a great Surprise Party for my 30th birthday! He told me we were going out to eat somewhere special but wouldn't tell me where. When we left our house, we headed towards Mississippi and he gave me a blindfold and told me to put it on. I thought this was completely ridiculous but went along with it! About 20 minutes later we stopped and I could hear people talking and what I thought was a guitar....well he came around to open my door and when he did I took off the ridiculous blind fold. When I did I saw about 50 of our closest friends and family and my favorite musician ever, Wes Loper, was singing "Happy Birthday" to me. It was a great night of food, friends, family, and fun! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband, family, and friends!
Cameron did so good! He had a lot of help from my friends! Turning 30 isn't going to be so bad afterall!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Well, we made it to 1 month! I feel like I have been in a sleep deprived coma this month but I have loved every second of it! Emory had a some issues with spitting up the first week or so and after being spit up on after every bottle I called the Dr. and took her in. The Dr. told me what I already knew, that she had reflux and put her on some meds and told me to add rice cereal to her formula. Well that worked for about a week and then she turned into a crying, unhappy, fit throwing baby....I wasn't sure what had happened to the sweet baby I came home with from the hospital. After a week of unhappy Emory, I called the Dr. and we went back! I told her what had been going on and she took a look at her and told me she felt like Emory was lactose intolerant. We changed her formula to Enfamil Nutrimegin and it has made a world of difference. I am so thankful that she is better and my sweet baby is back. :)
Here are a few pictures I snapped on her one month birthday!
Saturday, March 19, 2011
The wedding is right around the corner! We are so excited and can't wait!
Here are a few pictures from the shower and party in Aliceville last weekend!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Happy Birthday to the most wonderful mom ever! Now that I am a mom, I appreciate you more than ever! :)
We love you so much!
The girls and I drove up to Aliceville to be with Jeje on her birthday. It was our first road trip and Cameron couldn't come...I was a bit nervous but we did fine! The only time we stopped was about 45 minutes from home and we had to pull over in a pasture off highway 43 so Emory could eat. She is going to be a little traveler like her sister. We have a big weekend planned! James and Holly have a coffee at the church and then a couples party.
Let the fun begin....
Here is a picture taken with my phone....not the best quality but you can see that everyone is very happy!
Well we made it through another week! Things are going great and I still can't believe that this precious one is here. Emory is very good natured so far. She rarely cries, sleeps a lot, eats well, and is a snuggler. Ella is having a tough time sharing her mommy and daddy but we have tried really hard to give her as much attention as possible. She does adore Emory 90 % of the time and the other 10 % not so much.....
Two examples of Ella not feeling the Emory love this week:
I was in the bedroom changing Emory while Ella was in the living room looking at picture albums of her when she was a baby and Emory's baby photo album. Ella loves to look and we talk about when she was a baby like Emory. Well, I came back into the living room and Ella had Emory's album frantically pulling out pictures of Emory and other people and crumpling them up. She had only taken pictures of Emory and someone else out....which was funny to me. I couldn't really fuss at her because it was funny. I tried to talk to her, as much as you can a 2 1/2 year old, about it but if you have ever tried to reason with a 2 1/2 year old, then you can imagine....
While we were getting ready for bed, the girls were laying on my bed. I stepped in the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I walked out Ella had put a pillow over Emory. Not just a pillow, but a gigantic king size pillow. I did fuss at her about this a little more. I am not sure if it was on purpose or she was just rearranging the pillows, but I know what I would bet on.... :)
There are many more funny Ella stories. Ella keeps us on our toes!