Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls

Saturday, July 3, 2010

June 2010 Recap

June just flew by...once school was out for me we started going nonstop and haven't stopped! After Emmy and Anthony's wedding and our trip to Jamaica the month was over....It is hard to believe that we are planning Ella's 2nd birthday party already. She is talking more and more and I know that the day is fast approaching when she isn't going to stop talking. Her favorite thing to say is, "Comeon!" She says it to us, the dogs, anyone really..... One of her favorite things to do is bring me my cell phone and call Jeje, Pops, or Sassy. I don't think they mind at all even though it is mostly blabbering. We are also playing with the idea of using the potty. Sometimes she tells me before she goes and sometimes she tells me afterwards....we are heading in the right direction. She is our little comedian and keeps us laughing constantly. The terrible twos are coming. I can't say they are officially here yet but they are heading our way. She wants to do everything by herself. She doesn't need mommy and daddy. She is very strong willed and when I told her pediatrician that she assured me that it was normal. I know it is...I have to keep telling myself that. Dr. McD said strong willed children make leaders when they grow up. When I looked at it like that I felt better. The fits only come when she is exhausted and no one else is around. :)


This month Cameron and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We went to Jamaica and had a fabulous time. Ella stayed in Aliceville. Leaving her up there was the hardest thing I have had to do as a parent. I had a meltdown for about 2o miles when I left but then was fine. The next day we left and once we got to the resort I had meltdown #2. I didn't know how I was going to be away from her. We knew she was in the the best hands possible and was having a great time in Aliceville but we still missed her so much. It was good for us to be away and have some us time. Jeje and Pops brought her to the airport and they were there when we walked up the terminal. I have never seen Ella so excited. At first I thought she was crying. She was squealing sound and hyperventilating....it was pure happiness on both sides, that is for sure. Thanks again to my parents for keeping her....they are the best...I know they enjoyed it and I am sure Ella ruled the McBride House while she was there.

Happy baby....happy mommy


Here is a little Ella story to brighten your day....it brightened Pops day for sure:


The other day Ella and I went to Target to pick up a few things. When we walked in there was a man standing at the customer service counter. I noticed that he did look an awful lot like my daddy. Ella looked at him and then looked up and me and said,"Dere's Pop!" I told her it wasn't and that he was just a man that looked like Pop. Once again she said,"Dere's Pop!" and I told her it wasn't him. We went back and forth a few times and then all of the sudden she lets go of hand and runs to him and grabs his leg and screams,"POP!" The look on her face when she realized that her mommy was right was priceless. I thought she was going to start crying but then she fell out laughing. It was hilarious....the Pops look alike thought so too! He saud he would be happy to be her Pop. I told him those were some pretty big shoes to fill.... :)

Jeje and Ella at the Oyster House

Do you think they love her or what?

Watching the sunset



Poor Bayley...he is such a good sport.....
Helping in the kitchen

Our little love....













No comments:

Post a Comment