Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls

Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Food

Since Emory is now eating solids, I decided to make her baby food myself.I decided paying for baby food in a jar is ridiculous and started thinking about how much money I could save, plus it's better for her. I went to the store and bought bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. I spent around $5.75 for my produce! I steamed the vegetables in our steamer and pureed them in the blender. You can also use a potato masher but I used the blender. She eats about $2.00 a day in jarred baby food and I made enough to last roughly 2 1/2 weeks. Next time I will do more at a time, but since this was my first time, I didn't want to overdo it!

Leave them in the freezer. Each night I will pull whatever I plan on feeding her the next day out and putting in the fridge to thaw!

So far she has enjoyed what I have made. I plan on getting experimental next time and making some concoctions for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment