Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Trip to Tennessee

 
Last week was Spring Break and I thought a road trip with the big girls to see my sweet nephew and his mommy and daddy would be fun. Jeje volunteered to keep Libby and I took her up on it! Cameron was in Colorado for work, so I needed to leave Mobile anyway. I wanted them to get to do something fun, because our going and doing has been somewhat limited since Miss Libby arrived. We drove to Aliceville on Saturday and left Sunday headed to Tennessee. We took our time and stopped as needed.... We had no agenda except to get there. It was 459 miles from my Aliceville to James and Holly's. They live in Kingsport and it's in the northeast corner of Tennessee.
 
 
 
It really wasn't a bad drive and the girls liked seeing the mountains. I checked the weather several times before I packed and there was not snow in the forecast, but guess what? It snowed and all my girls had to wear on their feet were flip flops.... It only snowed for a few hours on Tuesday and it melted as soon as it hit the ground. It was fun for them to see snow since it's a rare sight it South Alabama. We visited and I loved on my precious nephew. He is so stinking cute and I love him to pieces. He is my first nephew and he will always have a special place in his Aunt Sara's heart. I can't wait to see him again. They live too far away for me to spoil him the way I plan to. It was a fun road trip.... I missed my Libby Lou more than I imagined I would... I think Jeje missed me... I really appreciated Jeje and Pops keeping her. 
 
Stopping for some lunch
My sweet nephew
He looks at me like I am crazy....kind of like his daddy does sometimes
Out to lunch
It is snowing but you can't see it
They love him so much! We miss him and his parents already and can't wait to see them again soon! Thank goodness for FaceTime!

No comments:

Post a Comment