Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Leaving My Babies

Right now, I'm somewhere over Louisiana headed to Houston, and then onto San Diego, California for the ISTE Conference. It's a GINORMOUS Technology conference held once a year in a different city. At the beginning of the school year, my principal told our faculty if we met certain criteria using technology in our classrooms, then we would be able to go... I started thinking about the criteria, and it was all things that I already did or planned to implement this year.... We had to do a few teleconferences, students had to do a PowerPoint presentation using research they did online, we had to manage a classroom blog, and a few other things...

I really thought it would cool to go and see all these technology tools used around the world.... But, if I didn't get to, it wasn't a huge deal to me....

Summers are my break... Time to spend with my two favorite little ones, and relax and not think about school....even though that's really not possible since I find great ideas for my class and students daily on Pinterest...

A fellow 4th grade student was so excited about the possibility of going to the ISTE conference..... Then about two months into school, she found out she was going to be going to the hospital around the same time to have baby #2. I didn't think much else about the conference until March when by principal emailed me and told me to come by her office. I was wondering what I had done to be summoned.... After worrying all day long, I went by and she told me I would be going to San Diego.... I was excited.... I think... I had to make arrangements for the girls, talk to Cam, etc. June seemed so far away....

Now it's here and I'm on the way....I left our house this morning with my little loves asleep in the bed with their daddy...I am so glad that they were asleep, because this mama didn't handle it well.... Tears flowed all the way to the van... I got in and drove off and just as I composed myself, the Darius Rucker song, "It Won't Be Like This For Long" came on and I cried the rest of the way....If you've heard it and you are a mama that can't stand the thought of her kids growing up, then you understand why... Ha....can you say BASKETCASE???????? I've felt so overwhelmed at times this summer with the girls, so maybe this trip is what I need.... A little break...

I sure do miss those sweet faces already though. I know my sweet husband is going to take great care of them and Jeje is coming down on Wednesday... I fly home on Thursday.
I left 5 little "happies" for Ella... Nothing big, but a little something for her for each day she is a good big sister and helps Daddy, and isn't SAD because she is missing me.... We started talking to her a few weeks ago about me going on a plane like daddy does and I thought she would be excited for me....... Boy was I wrong.... Tears flowed and the worrying and asking questions began... I'm hoping the time will go by quick for her and she won't miss me too much.....

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment